10 September 2011

you'll lose, but you'll gain more


"Just be yourself, cuz life is too short to be anyone else."



These two weeks in Australia, I've had some deep and meaningful conversation with an Aussie friend, Trisha. We met at my five-days staying in YHA. At first we just had a chat while we were cooking. And gradually, the conversations are deeper and deeper, then now even i've already moved out from YHA, we still have contacts and would have dates during the week. I love to talk to her cuz she makes me see myself again in our conversation. Life is so amazing and full of magics. Though our age difference is more than 30 years and the language is different, we can still have so much valuable connections in life. We know what each other is talking about, and that feeling makes me think of my vesta friends, especially Yellow, Mary and Louisa.


Just as i posted on facebook a few days ago, the first huge thing i figured out in Australia is "enjoy life, or maybe just enjoy being yourself". Many of my friends have told me that they think i'm really adaptable to every environment and are really easily get involved with any new circumstances. Being yourself is not easy, but you've got to try your best to do it then. Cuz that's the only way you can live a happy life. Trisha once encouraged me, "Being different is great, so just accept and love the way you are." And that's what i've been telling myself.
很多朋友聽到我就這樣休學去澳洲一年,覺得這樣很酷、也很嚮往這種生活,但就像Trisha和Peggy說的,究竟有多少人敢真的這樣做?Cuz once you fly here, you do lose some things, but you gain freedom and a chance to be truly yourself.

來了澳洲,不是說這裡什麼都好。該有的壓力還是會有,像是不夠錢去旅行、語言和文化的環境整個不同,會需要些時間去習慣等挑戰,都需要我們去適應。但唯有踏出"我們原本以為的世界"和生活圈,才會感受到更多自己的渺小和看到更多的不一樣。

No comments: